Working as a Developer at Zing, the Software Consultancy division of ProspectSoft, will provide the benefits and security of being part of an established and well-respected Development Placement Scheme, with the added excitement of working at a start-up. Zing is a start-up business operating with the back-up of an already successful business, so you'll get all the great training and support that you should demand from any placement, but with a start-up feel.
Zing is focused on delivering projects using the amazing technology stack from Twilio. If you haven't heard of them…you will soon. Twilio are fundamentally disrupting the communications industry, providing APIs for managing any type of communication; Voice, Video, SMS and since acquiring SendGrid, now also email. Any time you speak to an Uber driver, talk to an M&S Call Centre or receive a message from Netflix, that's all powered by Twilio. Zing is only the second accredited Twilio partner in the UK and have already undertaken projects for organisations in many different industries. Our focus is now on building our team so that we can deliver high-profile, agile-development projects. A placement at ProspectSoft in the Zing team will be lots of fun and you'll learn a set of skills in a technology stack that is going to be in high-demand for years to come.
Successful applicants can expect to gain a great deal of experience working through the full development cycle from systems analysis, through writing the code to testing and delivery. You will be working within a team of amazing developers and working directly with the founder of the business unit. You'll be playing a key role in delivering a wide range of exciting projects. On commencing your placement, you will receive nearly six weeks of training in all aspects of our development methodologies and most importantly, learning the Twilio stack. During your placement, you will also have access to a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit to play around with for your own pet projects.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
What you’ll need
- A strong passion for software development
- A desire to learn new technologies, improve existing skills & understand the business impact on the software development lifecycle
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for backend/API development: .Net Framework Libraries, C# or VB.Net, SQL using databases such as SQL Server, SAP SQL Anywhere, Oracle or MySQL
- Any experience with the following technologies would be great but not required: Twilio, TypeScript, Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code, HTTPS protocols and IIS
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field
Application deadline for all technical roles:
31st January 2020