Successful applicants can expect to gain a great deal of experience working throughout the full development cycle – from systems analysis to writing the code for testing and delivery. You’ll be working closely with your assigned mentor and our Head of Development, playing a key role in our DevOps team and ensuring the success of the latest updates to the Prospect platform. On commencing your placement, you’ll receive nearly six weeks of training in all aspects of our product stack, as well as our development methodologies and tools. During your placement, you’ll have access to a huge library of Pluralsight coding and training courses, as well as a full MSDN subscription with a monthly personal allowance of Microsoft Azure credit for your own pet projects.
As a Development placement, the year will be highly software development focused and we don’t waste any time getting you up to speed. From day 1 in the department, you’ll be making important changes to our core systems and software that will go directly into our customers hands.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
Using Vue.js and TypeScript, you’ll create components which will be used in our Core Applications. You’ll also be creating Azure services and coding backend APIs in C#.
Configuring of Continuous Integration
Taking a set of code you’ve created, you’ll configure VSTS (Visual Services Team Services) to automatically build and run unit tests upon committing your work.
Agile Scrum Team
In this role, you’ll be an active part of one of the Scrum teams within the Development department. This will involve refinement meetings where, along with the rest of your team members, you’ll discuss estimates and break down tasks for both core and customer development work. It will also involve retrospective meetings in which you’ll have an opportunity to bring forward your best ideas to help improve our development processes.
Completing both unit testing and user testing for projects worked on by other team members of development is key to this role. This involves identifying potential issues and working with the team to plan and implement a resolution.
What you’ll need
- A strong passion for software development
- A desire to learn new technologies, improve existing skills & understand the business impact on the software development lifecycle
- Have knowledge of the following technologies for backend/API development: .Net Framework Libraries, C# or VB.Net, SQL using databases such as SQL Server, SAP SQL Anywhere, Oracle or MySQL
- Any experience with the following technologies would be great but not required: TypeScript, Visual Studio/Visual Studio Code, HTTPS protocols and IIS
- Currently studying for a degree in a relevant field
- Completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but won’t have graduated at the start of your placement
Application deadline for all Technical roles:
3rd February 2023